Dates & Rates
Learn something new.
November 18, 2021 4pm - November 21, 2021 1pm
Bakers and blacksmiths pursue their work in an encouraging atmosphere while music students fully immerse themselves in old-time classes, their days and nights filled with instruction from master musicians, jam sessions, and an instructor concert. Afternoon mini classes give all participants a chance to take part in learning something totally new.
- Confirmed Classes & Instructors:
- Jimmy Triplett - Repertoire
- Evan Kinney - Banjo I
- Paul Brown - Banjo II
- Ann Whitley - Fiddle I
- Judy Hyman - Fiddle II
- Jeff Claus - Guitar
- Mick Kinney - Mandolin
- Beverly Smith - Singing
- Sarah Ward - Pie Baking
- Brady Jackson - Blacksmithing
- Mini-classes, including Uke by Jamie Finley and Alabama Fiddle Tunes by Jim Cauthen and Jim Holland
- Potluck sessions, including one on backing up fiddle tunes on ukulele, taught by Jeff Claus and Terri McMurray
April 21, 2022 - April 24, 2022
One of our most popular workshops is back with great Bluegrass music classes and Gee's Bend quilting. This four-day workshop provides a truly immersive experience with a fun and enthusiastic community of musicians and artists.
CHECK BACK FOR MORE INFO SOON!
"I've been to the Folk School Old Time week for 2 or three years. Wonderful experience in a beautiful setting. I'll come again as soon as my shoulders allow me to fiddle. Great instruction." - Mary Brugh, Facebook Review