Family & Educator Workshop: Growing Roots
August 8, 2020 10am - August 9, 2020 4pm
Connecting with your family to nature and to a farm.
Growing Roots is a Family event at Camp McDowell for all ages. This can be a powerful and meaningful chance to create a lifelong bond with your children by sharing nature with them.
Activities may include:
- Learn and get excited about Nature and Farming together with your children or grandchildren.
- Discover what's unique about Alabama as you wade the streams and hike in sandstone canyons with geologists.
- Create art using natural resources.
- Swim and tube the waters of Clear Creek and in our zero-entry pool.
- Awake in the morning and do farm chores together...milk goats, gather eggs, feed farm animals, & pick blueberries for cobbler!
Cost depends on choice of lodging and includes 4 meals.